- The terms and conditions outlined hereby should be fully read and understood, along with the respective agent’s or vendor’s terms and conditions (if applicable), which can be acquired from an Official Agent at the ticket purchasing point. By purchasing a ticket for the Butterfly Effect Festival, you hereby accept and abide by the terms and conditions below.
- Artists, including billed attractions, may be subject to these terms.
- No food and drink is allowed to be brought into the festival.
- We advise you to not, under any circumstances, buy goods from street sellers or touts, as they are unlawful and invalid.
- Any goods or items which use professional recording equipment or event logos not authorised by use must be immediately surrendered to our staff.
- You give consent to being recorded by the media, either visually or audio-wise, for no additional fee. This also includes footage recorded by the police and/or security staff to prevent crime or uphold security of festival attendees.
- A variety of food and drink will be on offer at the event. We have exclusive policies in place (challenge 21) to ensure that alcohol is not sold to minors onsite.
- Refunds are only provided upon full cancellation of the ticket, reasonable alternation or special exception determined by us.
- Refunds are to be acquired from the point of sale only, within 3 months or earlier before the event is scheduled.
- Ticket refunds are provided on face value at the minimum.
- Refunds pertaining to booking fees for each ticket are governed by the terms and conditions at the point of purchase.
Children under the age of 5 are not allowed at the festival. Furthermore, children under 16 must be accompanied by an older member of the family or guardian at all times, who is 18 or older.
- Tickets are to be kept with you at all times during the festival.
- We do not issue any duplicates for tickets which are lost or stolen.
- Only “full” tickets will be valid and accepted – they must not be tampered with in any way. For any accidental damage, please contact the nearest point of purchase before the event is scheduled. All tickets shall remain the property of The Butterfly Effect Festival.
- Ticket resale or transfer is strictly prohibited. However, if a ticket is offered for resale as permitted under these terms and conditions, you must facilitate the buyer with full ticket details; the buyer must, at all times, be aware of these conditions or any other conditions which apply to the festival.
- Tickets are not to be used as a tool for marketing, sales or medial promotion, unless we provide prior consent.
- If you have acquired this ticket through any means other than the ones highlighted in these terms, or if any of these terms are breached otherwise, all your right as a ticket holder shall be void. Any attempt to gain entry to the festival through a void ticket will be met with refusal and/or legal action for trespassing. Void tickets are not refundable.
- You can leave and/or re-enter the festival site while the event is underway, at our discretion or that of our venue management. Other than this, you will not be allowed to re-enter or pass out.
- All wristbands will remain our property until the event has ended.
- We reserve the right to evict an individual without extending a refund, and refuse admission if required. Please see Eviction Policy for details.
- You may be required to undergo a body and bag search at the entry points, onsite or while leaving.
- Any items you carry which we feel may be used as a weapon or poses any risk, offence or danger to any individual, will be seized.
- Furthermore, any individual carrying any illegal items or engaged in an illegal activity will be indefinitely handed over to the police, in addition to being refused entry. Please review our Confiscation Policy.
- Please act responsibly and maturely as anti-social behaviour can get you into trouble and lead to eviction.
Damages and Losses
- We do not bear any liability for property or personal damage, including items handed over, or any injuries sustained at the event – except for those caused due to our negligence.
- Causing damage to the site or site infrastructure in any way, or causing direct/indirect harm to another individual gives us ground for legal prosecution.
We do not allow:
- Air horns
- Aerosols exceeding a capacity of 250ml
- Gas canisters
- Sound systems
- Tabards or high-viz jackets
- Drugs, illegal substances or Nitrous Oxide
- Spray cans
- Sky/Chinese lanterns
- In addition, please refrain from bringing unusually high amounts of consumables, including cigarettes; we recommend bringing only enough for your own personal consumption.
- Any individual found to be resisting the disposal or handing over of banned items will face eviction.
- Individuals under 18 are strictly not allowed to purchase any onsite alcohol.
- It is also prohibited for an over-18 individual to purchase alcohol for an under-18 individual.
Health and Safety
- You are required to comply with all instructions that you are given at the event by us, our stewards and/or event management staff.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not allowed in enclosed environments, including venue big tops.
- Please note that prolonged exposure to loud music can adversely affect your hearing.
- Effects like smoke machines, lasers, pyrotechnics, strobe lighting etc. might accompany some performances – please consult your physician beforehand in case you are sensitive to light or photo seizures.
- Drones or any other equipment of similar nature is not allowed at or close to the site.
- You are required to use all recycling bins on/offsite for safely discarding trash.
- Animals, apart from those meant to guide the handicapped, are not allowed onsite.
- Should you have any direct event complaints either during or prior to the event, please contact our steward immediately since complaints may not be dealt with properly after the event.
- Since this is an outdoors event, you are required to dress up appropriately, along with the right footwear, to stay safe from the weather.